Friday, September 10, 2010

chapter 2

Sail stopped crying. Henry became more silent. I just stand and stare at them.
So what should we do now? said Sail with her low voice.
We should ask for help, I answerred. I checked my cell, no signal.
From who? Henry sighed. Other people? Most of them down there. He pointing at the collapsed Mall.
My mind can only went blanked. However, Henry walked away and started looking around. Seeking for help or maybe just like those disaster movie that the survivors seeking for tools that can be useful.

Sail looked towards me with a "what to do" signal. Before I could react, Henry waved at us for help. We both went over.
What are you searching for? said Sail.
I'm just looking for any useful tools and provide some helps to other if needed, Henry replied naturally.
Wow...you're really experienced, what should we do next? I said. Both of them stared at me while I quickly found out I spoke wrongly. Sorry!

Alright, stop your bullshit and get me some help instead, said Henry with his face annoyed. We going to set out soon!
To where? Sail and me almost asked in synch.
To find who you had waited so long for, Henry replied and continue his searching as he passed some tools to us to hold.
We got metal-pipe, some T-shirts, a Nike bag, and an umbrella. Well, we can't expect more as we're at the front gate of a shopping mall, not in it. I passed only the umbrella to Sail. Henry busying alone, and we're like shopping at the street.

An explosion from a flaming car bring the both of us back to the reality. Henry seem also stopped searching.
It's time to move, he said it like he got the whole planned already. We started walking towards the coast area. Horrible scenes everywhere, corpses and people coverred with blood who sufferring pain from their teared skin. We hardly can see anyone walking around like us, unwounded. They did called us to help, but we just ignored and moved on as we knew that we're helpless and there were too many of them. Building collapsed, some car exploded far away, more moaning, more calling for help, and more dead flesh as we walked further.

Why is this happening? said Sail and she started to sob again. I wanted to calm her by saying, it will be alright, but I can't convince myself as I'm also needed an answer for what is actually happening.
We will know what happen with tomorrow's newspaper, Henry tried to cheer Sail as I'm being cheered as well.
Let's move on to Nim's car and get the hell out of here first. Sail and me nodded.

We reached where I parked my car, but my car already looked like a smashed cup-cake. I'm stunned, and I'm pretty sure my mom will kill me with what I had done to the car. While I'm trying to pull myself over that, Henry found an empty car with it's key on. Well, not exactly empty as Henry just removed the past-driver from his driver seat. He tested the car and the car work perfectly. He waved at us in order to haste up our steps.

In the car, it smelled like smoked barbecue meat without any flavoured seasoning, or maybe blood flavour. Henry used those T-shirt to cover up the bloody seat, and Sail just standing behind me avoiding the cleaning job.
Hey shorty, you drive, Henry called out.
What? Why me?! No way in that seat man! I declined harshly. You know it's a dead-man seat.
Don't be a sissy, you're the only one with the driving license here, just shut up and drive, and it will be soon over, Henry shouted. Or you want the lady sleeping exposed over night at the horrible street? He pin-pointed my weakness, and his word also alerted Sail to listen as he shouted loudly. Sail shined at me with her eyes and flunked twice, with that I'm hers. And thats how girls manipulate boys, a quick joke that I thought of but I swallowed the next second.
Okay...I will drive, I said it forcefully.
Once again, the girl stood his side, and it makes me looked like the only problem there. Well, at least I gained a thankful smile from Sail. Both of them get in the car as I ready to say a second word which giving me no chance to take back what I said.

As soon as I started the engine, we drove off heading which the possible route Stephy might using it to get here. In orderly to fulfil a single glance of finest lady from the deeply fell in love guy, but he's a bear for me, a cold one, polar bear. However, he did lead us both this far as myself wouldn't dare to swear I can do any better than these.
And so, our journey to seek for the lost lady, Stephy, had been set off ...

No comments:

Post a Comment